* Following our enforced close-down, we from June 8th we are now open!!
* We’ll be contacting patients who’ve had dental problems over the coming week as our first priority.
* If you require an appointment please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01270 876026 or 07824992277, otherwise we’ll be contacting everyone who has been rescheduled to re-book their appointments as soon as possible following re-opening.
CHANGES AT THE PRACTICE – PLEASE READ
· Please ring prior to coming to the practice, even if you just want to buy dental supplies – we’re running a one-in, one-out service and will need to ensure there’s no-one else in reception when you arrive.
· Prior to a scheduled appointment, we’ll contact you and check through your medical history to ensure you’re fit and well. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, we’ll re-arrange your appointment. Please cancel your appointment if you feel unwell on the day of planned attendance.
· You’ll be asked to make an estimated payment for your treatment by phone prior to your appointment, to minimise contact in the practice. If you require sundries, you can also pay for these first or they can be taken into surgery at the end of the appointment and charged later.
· Please brush your teeth thoroughly before your appointment.
· Entry will be by the front of the practice and exit by the rear.
· When you arrive at the practice, please call us ,if possible, so we can ensure the previous patient has left and reception is free.
· Please bring the minimum number of belongings into the practice to reduce aerosol contamination.
· You’ll be asked to use hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the practice.
· Social distancing should be observed in the practice to protect you and our staff. The team will wear masks at all times – even on reception
· Please do not shake the dentist’s hand!
· You’ll notice we’re wearing more PPE than before when you arrive. As we have to “fit-test” some of our new masks, we cannot remove them to talk to you. This may mean communication is more difficult. Again, please bear with us – we have to follow stringent guidelines to protect you.
· We’ll be minimising the use of aerosols in the practice, at least until the R value (which indicates the risk of transmission) is reduced significantly:
> This means that non-urgent work may be postponed, so problems can be dealt with first.
> Ultrasonic scaling will be restricted until risks reduce, so hand- scaling will be used. This does take a little while longer than ultrasonic scaling, so please factor this into your appointment time.
> Polishing will be restricted initially to reduce spray.
* Please note: our hours may vary for the first few weeks as a result of current guidelines.
Hopefully, we’ll be able to resume “routine dental care” soon!!
Thank you so much for your patience. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
With all our warmest wishes,
The Team at Lawton Dental Care xxx